Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

502 crate motor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by raelayotte, Jun 2, 2004.

1. raelayotte

raelayotte Registered Member

i am looking in to putting in a 502 crate motor in my 87 k5 were is a good place to get a crate motor and what one is good i do not what to put in a tbi i what carb.

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i am looking in to putting in a 502 crate motor in my 87 k5 were is a good place to get a crate motor and what one is good i do not what to put in a tbi i what carb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Complete legible sentences would help a little, plus the post is kinda vague at best.

How much are you looking to spend? GM Performance Parts has lots of choices. So do many aftermarket companies.

Here's a few quick choices-

Pace Parts sells GMPP crates

Scoggin Dickey sells GMPP and their own crates

Beck Racing Engines sells good ones

Bill Mitchell Crate Motors

Thats a quick list.

Depending on what combo you get, depends on what "other parts" come with it. You will need the brackets and pulleys and other front motor accessories. You will most likely need to beef your tranny and driveline.

As stated above, a little more info on your situation and what you want will net alot more responses.

John

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Jegs has a selection of different engines /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

If you don't mind me asking, why would you want to spen the dough on a 502 then run a carb???

5. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If you don't mind me asking, why would you want to spen the dough on a 502 then run a carb???

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he wont have enough dough left over for the alternative /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif