Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

$50k for this??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigoltrux77, Sep 24, 2003.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

With those two different sized tires, i'd like to see this guy put it in 4LO and stomp on it? Then we'd see how dumb he really is.

Ya know, seeing peolpe do stuff like this makes me feel better about myself!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    With those two different sized tires, i'd like to see this guy put it in 4LO and stomp on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as the front and rear gear ratios are offset to compensate for the different size tires it isnt a big deal. Looks like it could be a decent mud drag truck. But not sure if it is worth that much from the little info provided.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

If any truck is worth 50k, that one is. It was in alot of magazines a few years back and it is built real nice. Not really my thing, but it's a hell of a truck if it's what you're in to. The front and rear are geared to compensate for the different sized tires, and alot of the body panels are removable for when the guy runs it where it miught get banged up. You can see the dzus fasteners on the bedsides...

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

The gears probably compensate for the tire dia. differences. You see that all the time in 4WD mud drag trucks and pullers.

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Lets see here, it has 4.56's in the front and 5.86's in the rear. The custom front shafts are 35 spline throughout. The 572 is new, it had a 1,000cfm force port EFI'd 454 a few years ago. At that time it's estimated value was just $30,000. Had to get the old Four Wheeler mag archives out, October 1998 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. seanp

seanp Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    If any truck is worth 50k, that one is. It was in alot of magazines a few years back and it is built real nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. I have a few of the magazines it was in, and it is built tough and right.

8. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

That thing was in the TTC a few years ago,pretty bad ass /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Yall aint never seen mud racers with the same size tires all the way around but different ratios front to rear,like 4.88s in the rear and 4.10s in the front /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Yall aint never seen mud racers with the same size tires all the way around but different ratios front to rear,like 4.88s in the rear and 4.10s in the front /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have. They're stupid.

I have seen same gears and 38x11s up front and 37x13 in the back. Seems to work fine, esepecially in the mud.

10. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have. They're stupid.

I have seen same gears and 38x11s up front and 37x13 in the back. Seems to work fine, esepecially in the mud.

[/ QUOTE ] I second /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. grendel

grendel 1/2 ton status

Yep. Just have to have slippage somewhere, mud usually does the trick. If not, it happens in your t-case.

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Or driveshaft, or hubs, or axle u joints....slippage has to be somewhere. Something has to break if it's not at the wheels. Either that or bind up so bad you'll wish it broke.

13. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Don't trash talk this truck, it isn't some mall poser /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif It was in Top Truck a few years back when they had 4 wheeler TV on ESPN 2, and it went through the mud pit and tank trap like they weren't there /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif This thing is built to play, not just look pretty.

Oh, and a custom 5 ton rearend with disk brakes!!! That is something you dont see too often.

14. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i like everything about it other than the different sized tires front and rear... i think that looks gay on about 99% of 4x4s.

j

15. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't trash talk this truck, it isn't some mall poser /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif It was in Top Truck a few years back when they had 4 wheeler TV on ESPN 2, and it went through the mud pit and tank trap like they weren't there /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif This thing is built to play, not just look pretty.

Oh, and a custom 5 ton rearend with disk brakes!!! That is something you dont see too often.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree that truck could rip our trucks a new ass hole! The main reason is because of those HUGE rear tires. They probably float right over the mud, reminds me of a pro streeted ride because of the rarrowed rear and fat wide tires. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

for mud racing you stagger either the gears and/or tire sizes. the idea is for the rear to push the truck, but with the front turning faster, you can get the truck to steer as it will try and pull the truck. Without seeing a detailed breakdown of whet is in this truck, you can't say what it's worth. to you, maybe nothing. but to somebody else, alot. There is alot of time put into these trucks, you like to think you can get some of that back when you sell them. I think the truck kicks ass! but I wouldn't want it!

17. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    alot of the body panels are removable

[/ QUOTE ]
    This is true; when it was in TTC there were pics with the bed sides missing /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Helluva truck, wonder what he'll build next?

18. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Quagmyr is a 4x4 legend. If you run your truck in mud or live in the midwest, you know Quagmyr. Unbelievable truck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Hey, I've gotta defend my local offroad trucks. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

19. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Ya know what, if I had the money I would buy that truck in a heartbeat. If for nuthin else, think of the attention one would get when cruisin by your local anythin. Just my two cents worth.

Allan

20. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status