Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

513s and 35 inch tires.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hi pinion, Aug 5, 2004.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Anybody running 513s, with 35 inch tires and a 700r4? if so......what does it act like going down the road? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif [​IMG]

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

is that your wheel?

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thanks for picking the crappiest pic of my wheels that I have. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[​IMG]
    This ones better. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

And no....your not getting my ... azz wheels. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

yep for sure. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif the tire not the wheel /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

so clean

just had to rag on the rig in picture...

alright through this calculator dealy truck would spin like 3000 RPMs at 87 MPH and 2240 at 65 MPH. No experience but those sound like good numbers to me for a vehicle thats not constantly on the highway(thats about what my 95 with 4.10s and 32s spun I believe).

6. rjfguitar

For 35's 5.13's are wayyyyyyy too low, 3.08's would be much better and 2.73's would be perfect! Also get rid of the heavy 1 ton stuff, go with 1/2 ton parts to save weight.

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

loose the boggers too, they throw too much mud and make too much of a mess, thornbirds are the shiznit....

8. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

i know bergilheimer, i like the welds anyway, but withought them,you wouldnt be blingmeister hu? besides i might get some trail ready wheels. You guys dont trash my thred dammit. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif If i wanted to chat i would go to the lounge. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifI need serious answers on running 35s with this setup i stated above /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I gave some serious numbers above... after taking a shot at the blingmeister.

10. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]

so clean

[/ QUOTE ] Please hold the jealousy at bay. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    IIRC your K5 is still in pieces. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

11. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    I gave some serious numbers above... after taking a shot at the blingmeister.

[/ QUOTE ]Frankly, it was a pretty lame. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

12. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

so clean

alright through this calculator dealy truck would spin like 3000 RPMs at 87 MPH and 2240 at 65 MPH. No experience but those sound like good numbers to me for a vehicle thats not constantly on the highway(thats about what my 95 with 4.10s and 32s spun I believe).

[/ QUOTE ] so this is perfect??? i was told 38s would fit the bill better,but i think 35s would haul some major arse with 513s /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    yep for sure. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif the tire not the wheel /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    The wheels AND tires are still mine at the moment. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

14. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

For a 35" tire 5.13's and a 700R4 wouldn't be bad. A little on the low side but it would work fine. The only problem would be when you downshifted at highway speed. Your RPM would shoot up kinda high.

I ran 4.56's and 32's (acutal height 31") and it was great. I loved that combo. It pulled my heavy truck around very well, mileage wasn't bad, and it had all kinds of power.

Now I have 35's (33.5" actual) and 4.56's. It is ok but I wish I had regeared to 4.88 or 5.13. If I stay with the 700R4 trans I will regear to 5.13 eventually since I know I want 37's.

My general opinion for a truck that sees some highway some trail is

4.56's for 33's
    4.88's for 35's
    5.13's for 37+'s

Harley

15. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

how much lift do you have low pinion? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    j/k hi pinion /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

16. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

so clean

[/ QUOTE ] so this is perfect??? i was told 38s would fit the bill better,but i think 35s would haul some major arse with 513s /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    It will be faster with the 35's. No offence but this topic has been beat to death, 35's are acceptable with 5.13's, just fuel mileage will suffer slightly at higher speeds, in town it will probably improve.

17. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

You guys stop the "baby games " WAAA !!!!WAAA!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif lets see what people have to say about it then you can flame youselves to the point of exaustion, i dont care.But just remember...... IM ON BOBBYS SIDE /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif j/k /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

haha hi pinion, it seems alot of your posts always get off topic /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

19. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    how much lift do you have low pinion? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    j/k hi pinion /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    bah, Steve... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

IT'S MY TRUCK IN THE PIC!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    "When 84gmcjimmy gets it, it's pretty clear" - R_J --->05/23/04

[/ QUOTE ]
    no kidding! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif j/k. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh, and I'm running about 10" of lift. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    The wheels AND tires are still mine at the moment. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ] We are going to trade dumbass, remember 5 minutes ago???? And i dont care if this thread is beat to death already im gonna ****BEAT BEAT BEAT **** it some more, now get on it guys!!!! NOW!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif