Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

52" front springs with a Sway bar?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Sep 7, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

anyone tried doing this yet? No not retaining the stock sway bar, rather using an aftermarket setup. Just wondering about road manners with a sway bar on 52s.

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

i posted about using some type of stock car or one of the currie sway bars...but everyone told me it wouldnt work, or worth the time...i think including you...

dont see why it wouldnt help.

*edit* nope, it wasnt you sorry i searched.

ryan

3. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Same here I asked about a year ago and the only replies I got were That is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Just get rid of it.

I think you could build a couple links that bolt to the stock sway bar and extend down to the stock mounting points and it will still be out of the way of crossover steering. I have not taken any measurments but just eyeballing it looks like it would work. They have a sway bar for SFA conversions and they run crossover.

Ira

4. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

yeah...i was thinking a bar about 38-40 inches long mounted to the frame, much like a currie anti-rock bar. but skip the high dollar currie junk and use this stuff:

http://www.1speedway.com/Swaybars.htm

http://www.1speedway.com/Swaybar_Arms.htm

would probaby have to use some long links from the axle to the arms...i would think that if you bought an off the shelf bar and it was too stiff or too soft, you could exchange it. (kind of like coilover springs and some companies). or find a circle track guy that has an assortment of bars he'd let you try out.

ryan

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I wouldn't be surprised if I did say it, As I really think of it I don't see why it would be so bad. I can't sayit would be GREAT, but better then none. Our new house is on a VERY curvy road, I think I'd end up in the rocks along side the road the first trip down it with 52s up front. Oh yes I did say rocks along the road :D