Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

52 front with shackle flip

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by boots, Mar 17, 2006.

1. boots

boots 1/2 ton status

I'm considering the above combination with a 1" body lift on a 73' blazer. Any of you done something similar with or without the body lift? What are your thoughts? I did a search and only turned up a for sale with the 52/flip setup. Hows driveability? What size tires would be recomended ( I hate asking that last question. This will probably end up as my wifes DD as I only put about 30 miles a month on my Toyota pickup

2. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I run the 52 fronts w/ a 3" body lift (simply becuase it was already on the truck) but I do like the extra tire clearance.

There's much more to the conversion than just slapping longer springs up - you'll need crossover steering, longer shocks, longer brake lines, extended front driveline, etc etc.

If you're OK with all that, the driveability is nice - it's a nice soft ride - but if it were on DD it would be too soft IMO. It likes to lean with braking and cornering.

There's a thread floating around here that I have bookmarked at home called "All the 52" threads right here" but I can't seem to find it here at work. I'll keep looking..... becuase it has a lot of great threads

Found it:
    http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148725&highlight=threads+right+here