Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

52" rear spring ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rerun93, Dec 28, 2004.

1. rerun93

rerun93 Registered Member

i just wanted tomake sure that if i do the 4" shackle flip kick i can run just stock springs and have a 4" lift. right now i have blocks but they only look like 3 inch and springs not sure how many springs are in a stock pack. so basically ifthose shackle flip will work for me i need to see if anyone has any good stock springs for sale or what year would be a good ones to get. mine are old and weak as soon as i hook up a trailer my ass drops extremely bad and the trailer is empty lol.

ty

ReRuN

2. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

you could always go with an aftermarket lift spring, just an add-a-leaf, or and ORD zero-rate.

3. rerun93

true but even with a adda leaf my butt will sage with a trailer really bad same with zero rate. so i think iam gonna go with the shackle flip just curious now on what stock to run. like what years and vechelis to look at while iam at a junk yard. iam guessing the newer the better less chance orf a spring being weak.

4. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

You could always have a reputable spring shop rebuild your spring pack and re-arc them to compensate for any sag. That's what I'm planning on doing. I've got one busted leaf and 4" blocks that I'm going to replace with a shackle flip.

5. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

ypu could put a set of 3/4 ton rear springs in it

6. rerun93

if i put 3/4 ton springs in it. is the same lenght just another spring in the pack? or just stiffer?

7. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

3/4 tons had 52" or 56" the set i have laying around has 8 leaves. usually 1/2 ton 52's have 5. you could get a set of 8 leaf and do a litle trial and error by removing leaves till you get the right ride height. :dunno: