Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

52s and a trac bar

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by willymonster, Mar 28, 2006.

1. willymonster

willymonster 1/2 ton status

getting ready to change things around a little bit , i will be putting 8 inch 52s on the front of my 57 stepside to replace the 12 inch springs . ill have to get them in and see how stable they are but i was thinkin on the possability of a super duty trac bar setup . i had a 12 inch lift on my super duty and it had a trac bar , worked great . anybody done it? :laugh:

2. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Try running it without one first. I have a feeling with 8" springs, you probably don't need one.

3. willymonster

trac bar

thats what im hoping :D , the less i have to do the better !!!!!

4. koldsimer

What tires, gears, tranny etc. are you gonna run? What kind of use (abuse) will the truck usually see?

5. willymonster

tires are 40 inch boggers i still need to get my 456s and 60 front right now it has a 14 bolt and 44 . it has a nicely pumped 350 with a 350 tranny and 203 case . its mainly going to be my around town and ocasional commute truck . i want to keep it straight and not beat it up ALTHOUGH for beatings i have a willys pickup with rockwells 49s turbo 400 doubler setup etc. im also almost done with my newest addition of a 1947 powerwagon body on a chevy chassis with a 454 40 inch tsls 14 bolt and again one of those pesky 44s i have a turbo 350 and 203 in that one to but i also have a 4spd 205 that im thinking about tossing in there . oh ya dont forget the little 53 flatfender with fuel injected 350 aluminum heads high comp. waggy 44s coilovers etc :laugh: my fiance says i have to many toys i say SREW HER !! I LOVE MY TRUCKS !!!!

6. koldsimer

WOW! Don't want to hijack this thread but could you put up some pics of those rigs?

7. jaysonsk5

jaysonsk5 1/2 ton status

he is just a user, maybe a link?

8. willymonster

i have to pay my money to become a MEMBER first i think . then ill have to figure out how to transfer pics from digital to computer . im not what you would call a computer genious but ill get some up soon hopfully :doah:

9. jaysonsk5

jaysonsk5 1/2 ton status

i hope, your rigs sound cool. that old school tin would be cool and then you have a few, you gotta post up some pics