Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

52s or lift springs??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by b454rat, Apr 25, 2006.

1. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I found a set of 6 BDs springs from a member here, but for the hell of it I went to a spring shop to see what a new set would go for. They had a crapload of different springs, just for 52s. Told the owner what I was doing, and after him telling me that it can't be done, he told me about a spring that was a good all around spring. I can't remember all that he said, a HUGE compressor and a 1" impact drowned all the noise in there, but they were 5 leave plus the overload, rated at 1700 and change for the pair, total height of 8". 5 7/8 arch, and 2 1/8 from spring thickness. Supposedly they won't settle too much, and would carry the weight of my truck, so should ride and flex OK. I'm looking to get around 6" of lift, think these might do it?? Or should I get the BDS ones?? FYI, the springs are $113 each with bushings.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Clearify please. 52's or 6" BDS for the front of the truck? I would do the BDS springs for a truck that sees the street alot. There warranty is nice too.

Harley

3. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The BDS springs are used, so I don't think I there would be a warranty. Just trying to see what the better spring would be...

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

im thinkin about lifted 52's up front for mine soon. thats thats the route id go with.