Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

52's up front. how?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85burbanator, Nov 21, 2004.

1. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

52\'s up front. how?

im trying to figure out what i want to do for suspension on my blazer. it wont be a daily driver for a while but it will get used on the road. should the 52" swap be used for trail only vehicles or would it be ok on a semi-dd? what are some pros-cons of the setup? what all has to be modified to run this set up? i might runs a 4-6 inch tough country springs up front or 2" lift 52" springs. the rear im going with a shackle flip and 2.5 inch springs. if anybody can shed some light or point me to a webpage/site with the info im looking for it would be greatly apprecieated. i tried a search and for somereason i couldnt find anything. i know there are topics about it but i might have entered the wrong key words or something. thanks
    mike

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Re: 52\'s up front. how?

I don't know much about the swap, but I know that it has been heavily covered here over the last couple of months. I just did a search for the the last two weeks (search word "52") and found three major threads covering the subject. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

Re: 52\'s up front. how?

from what i hear, the 52" swap isnt a good choice for a street driven vehicle. of course, this all depends on your driving style, and your ability to put up with some adverse handling conditions. i have a few ideas in my head on how to attach a factory sway bar for street driving, but have yet to try to put any of them to work.