Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

52's with AAL's up front?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Chris, Feb 27, 2006.

1. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

anyone run 52's with add a leafs up front? i just put 56's out back with a flip and 1.5" zero rate, and i pulled my 52's off the back, and they've got add a leafs. right now, i've got TCI 6" springs up front, and im starting to dislike the stiffness of them. i would like to keep the 6" of height, and i want to keep the front somewhat stable on the road as it's still my DD. i dont want to experiance what some have said about 52's being unstable up front. i thought 52's with add a leafs up front would be softer than my TCI 6" springs, yet still have decent road manners and keep my 6" (at least while it's still my DD). i can always pull em off when i dont have to drive it every day. am i thinking wrong? anybody try it?

p.s. if its been disscussed before, feel free to ream me a new asshole, and point me in the right direction, thanks!

2. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I want to do something similar as you, I plan on having my springs reworked and putting a military wrap up front. Also I want to add a leaf, I might just use a 2.5 wide extra spring from my friends 56's to get that extra strength from removing the overload. I dont know how well it will work but I want the little extra height and I dont like the overload up front.

3. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

The add-a-leaf will stiffen up the springs for sure. I think it you were to get some 2" lift 52's it would work better. I think when people talk about 52's being "unstable" on road, They might have taken some leafs out. I think stock rear 52's don't have as much instability.