Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

53" michelins and 2 1/2 tons 80 burb

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Dvlman, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Dvlman

Dvlman Registered Member

I want to run as small a lift as possible. I was thinking 6-8", flat finder the front, maybe move the front axle forward and rear axle back. Has anyone had any experience with any variation of this tire axle combo? thanks

2. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

not too many guys around here are going to have rigs w/ that large of a setup...not to turn you away since this is an incredible place for tech. but you would have a better chance for help on a site like www.truckaddicts.com
    its a bunch of mall crawlers but they run the 2.5 ton rockwell setup w/ big michelin's all the time.

-Avery

3. Dvlman

Dvlman Registered Member

Thank You for the heads up! I love the burb and any advice on shackle flip, flat fenders or radiator moving is help. Thanks again!

4. Dvlman

Dvlman Registered Member

I tried the website. I couldn't get the page to load will try later.

5. Avery4jc

hmm, link works for me

-Avery

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

with that low of lift and that top loading axle... it'd prolly work best to link the front suspension and move that axle waaaay forward so the top of the diff isn't trying to smack into the bottom of your engine all the time. Rockwells are totally kick ass, but they can have some fit-issues because of their top-loading nature.

j

7. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

been there, done that:D (well my buddy, but nonetheless)

http://rides.webshots.com/album/85550531JcMExv

John

8. Dvlman

Dvlman Registered Member

:bow: :thinking: :eek1: :yikes: :thumb: I have finally found the Holy Grail!
    What lift and How? Which deuces? What shackle lift? Any details would be to me as valuable as anything I can imagine! I have looked for anyone for years that had this combo or tech knowledge?

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated!!! Just the pictures of your buddies ride sent me yelling through the house to get my wife and step son he will be my co-pilot on many a muddy pirate adventure when complete!

Thanks a million, SkulNBonz

DVLMAN

9. Dvlman

Dvlman Registered Member

You are right on the money thanks! When I posted, I hadn't thought of that but knew it was an issue! Lats night I found a site that said I needed at least 9 1/2" to clear the top loader. I was also looking at shackle flip/lift with no more than a 1 or 2" body lift.
    Thats why I wanted any and all experience with a set up like this. Try the web link from skulznBonz, Great Pics!!!!

10. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

That looks like 6" rear springs, factory shackle mounts flipped and either 4" or 6" shackles on the rear and lots of time with the sawz-all. Doing the rear shackle flip will net you around 4.5" of lift usually.

I helped a friend build a monster mudder with rockwells. He is running 49x31 terra tires on it and it has around 20" of total lift on it. I'll upload some pics if you want.

11. Dvlman

Dvlman Registered Member

Yes I am looking for any and every picture, opinion etc... This site in the last few days has moved this project forward more than I have in the last year. I appreciate the time.

THANKS!

DVLMAN

12. Avery4jc

wow, you should hang out around here more often if 11 posts have helped you move along more than you have gotten in a year, lol.

Good to have ya'

-A