Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

54 Chevy truck body on a 73 K5 Frame

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txfireman110, Apr 1, 2004.

1. txfireman110

txfireman110 1/2 ton status

As stated, is this even possible, what would it take? I'm thinking just fab new body mounts if even that, or what would it take? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    Thanks

2. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

My uncle had one that someone had done this too. All I could see that did was stretch the bed a little since I think the truck is even shorter than a k5. Was a nice ride though to bad he sold it.

3. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I've seen several 55-57 Chevy pickups on various Blazer frames. Usually turns out REALLY NICE (click on the yellow 57 and read the specs). It can be done, its all a matter of how much time and effort, and of couse, money you want to put into it.

Kris

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I used to have that truck as wallpaper for the longest time. Didn't know it was on a Blazer frame though. Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

5. fadeagray

fadeagray Registered Member

I'm working on a similar project /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif, a 54 Willys PU on a 79 4x4 short box frame. Start by measuring the wheel base of both trucks. If the wheel base is close your can move the rear axle back, or move the front forward by using direrent springs and moving spring mounts. With the number of different frame lengths in the chevrolet truck line you should be able to come up with a frame to fit your 54 body with out having to section or lengthin your frame. Once the wheel base is worked out it's just a matter of finding the right gas tank, radiator, wiring harness, headers, brake system, steering colume, etc. etc. You know all the easy stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

Good luck! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif