Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

545 allison tranny?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddybuddy, Aug 15, 2006.

1. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

anybody know anything about these? would it work in a k5? a guy is selling one locally (also happens to be on pirate) any idea on what spline output it is?

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Bellhousing will not bolt to a chevy bolt pattern. Plus it has no park. It weighs 289lbs dry. Convertor will not bolt to a chevy flexplate.

Short answer is no..

john

3. muddybuddy

alight cool, jus thought id check it out.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Allison tranny's..

We sold an Allison tranny at the junkyard out of a 70's Chevy chassis School Bus,it had a 350 motor coupled to it..the guy who bought it planned to use it with a divorced NP 205 T-case that we sold him out of an old International 4x4 1 ton truck...note sure what # Allison tranny it was,but he did drive by with the truck a few weeks later--but didn't stop,so we never got to see it all installed and working..then we closed up for good,haven't seen him since..
    I would have liked to have seen it,and heard how he did it!..:crazy:

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

the school bus was a at540 model mostlikly. i have one also. it has a big round bolt pattern on it. then it bolts to a adaptor plate like the cummins have . it uses a beffyer flex plate. and the convertor is the same as a th350/400 but 700-800 stall speed. non removable tail housing tho. it has a park brake on it in the back. and yes no park gear. the shifter is kind of like a art car style. 4 speed auto tranny basicly. non over drive. out of 2.5 ton trucks. i was going to use mine in a crew cab with divorced tcase also.

6. muddybuddy

7. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

I have a 545 in my Motorhome. Its connected to a Cummins 5.9 setup as a pusher and actually drives the differential backwards. Its also connected to a GV Overdrive unit since I have 4.56 gears. Its a 4 speed with a 2000 RPM converter and no parking paw (R,N,D,3,2,1) requires a driveline parking brake or.....The MT-643 is a much better trans with lockup converter.
    I will try an attach a picture of it when I get home this eve.