Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

55 2 door hardtop, what you think its worth?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by sled_dog, Sep 27, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

A kid I know has a 55 2door hardtop sitting in his driveway right now. The body on the outside looks alright though its parts from a bunch of different ones so I'm sure it doesn't line up the greatest, but inside its rotted. It needs a frame off resto. What would you guys say would be fair for this thing with 327 and 3 speed manual? I'm thinking 2,000. My dad is pretty interested and when he gets interested in projects I like to go on them cause its rare.

2. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

its hard to say without any pics of it, and the detail of how rotted it is, rust work can be a pain, as we all know on the east coast...all i can offer is some ebay ads to give a base of what others are going for...55s are f**ckin sweet when they're restored, i'd love to have one myself!!
    my uneducated guess is that 2k would be fair if the title is there and it is in good enough shape to restore...

55 in texas

55 in utah

55 ohio

55 michigan

3. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

I've seen complete basketcase '55 to '57's go for $1500. Basically only buying a title and a shell to call a 'start'. If this one is more/better than that I'd say snatch it.

I'm no expert on these cars though, just going on probably 8-10 I've seen sell over the years.

Paul