Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

56 chev cab on an 89 second gen... anyone done it?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by camiswelding, May 17, 2004.

1. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I have a nice dually v3500 I might consider using for the swap.... cab only.. bed is going to be custom...
    I would be very interested as to what problems you encountered and how you solved them..
    I also understand that all the cabs are the same but the fenders are wider on the heavier series (2 ton)... anyone know if this is true...
    lots of street rods out there but not alot of 4 x 4s that Ive seen nicely done... and lastly anyone know of a good forum to start looking at for these vintages
    thanks
    cam

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

www.stovebolt.com is a great forum for that body style truck but getting very slow lately. 1-1/2 ton and up use larger fenders than the 1/2-1 ton back then. I've always wanted to put a 2 ton truck cab and sheetmetal onto a newer blazer frame and build a nice truck (but affraid to wreck it after all the work that it would take to build).