Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

56" Rear Going In Up Front Today! 1 Question...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dhdescender, Jun 10, 2004.

1. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    56\" Rear Going In Up Front Today! 1 Question...

I've torn out the 56" Rears from my parts K30, (WHOA...those are HEAVY springs!!), moved my spring mounts and bolted them into the front 4 holes, the only question I have, how many leaves do you think I should run?

Right now it has 6 leaves that are held together with the spring "hoops" at each end, then 2 more leaves + the overload. I'm thinking about running just the 6?

Nice think about these sukas is that they position my XL shackle right where it needs to be, no relocation required /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Oh yeah, I know. *This thread is worthless without pics* they'll come, all in good time grasshopper.

2. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

Re: 56\" Rear Going In Up Front Today! 1 Question...

Do your 56" springs have any lift in them? I think you may need to do a droped front spring hanger to get any height out of a stock 56" spring.

Ya know, this set off a light bulb in my head. I did rear 52's with 7 1/2" long relocated shackle. But my problem is my pinion angle is very bad and with a 4* from flat clock on my Atlas, my driveshaft is at 29* static ride height. With the 56's up front, I can run a shorter shackle and clock down the Atlas to make up the extra length I will need for pushing the axle 2" more forward /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif This should fix all my problems in one. Thanks for this post /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I think it would be a better idea to take out some of the leaves in the first 6 as well as some below that. You want to make it so the leaf length tapers down gradually...like removing every other leaf. But I would leave in the one next to the main leaf and put some spring clamps on the ends of it if you plan on keeping the push pull steering...if you have crossover don't worry about that.

4. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.

Yeah, I'll have crossover. OK, ill try re-arranging the spring pack.

5. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh yeah, I know. *This thread is worthless without pics*

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me help...

[​IMG]

I'm keeping careful eye on your findings... I have some extra K30 springs too /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

how did it go?