Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

56" rear spring question.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SF87K5, Aug 25, 2004.

1. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

56\" rear spring question.

Do I need to drill my perches at all like you do with the 57" springs to put these on my K5? I have a echobit flip with extended shackle for them. I am just woundering if I need to do any drilling.

2. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Re: 56\" rear spring question.

can anyone help?

3. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Chevy 56" springs are the same as 52's, except that the portion of the spring from the axle to the shackle is 4" longer. You can leave everything the same except for the shackle hanger. If you are running stock hangers, they will need to be moved back 5" (to keep the shackle angled back for good downtravel). If you are running ORD shackle flip brackets, you can swap them side to side.

OR you can do what I did. I used 56" springs turned around backwards to move my rear axle back for more wheelbase and less overhang.

4. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Cool thanks for the info. I dont need to move my hangers at all. I am using my echobit flip that is for 57" springs. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif So I already have the fix for my hangers. I just wanted to make sure I didnt need to drill my perches or need a zero rate to move my alxe.

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

the flip and longer shackle is all you need man. Just bolt it up and go /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Sweet thats what I need to know. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif