Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

56" rear springs

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gbfan, Apr 14, 2004.

1. gbfan

gbfan Registered Member

56\" rear springs

well i have looked over 200 pages and done the search. who is running 56" rear springs. will those springs center up the rear axle a little better. any pros or cons to running the springs? I have the ORD shackle flip and I am getting ready to swap in the 14 bolt and was thinking about changing springs well I was in there. guess i could let ya know about the truck. 72 blazer 8" suspension lift 3" body lift 38.5" tires, 8" springs upfront 4" in the rear with ORD shackle flip.

2. grendel

grendel 1/2 ton status

Re: 56\" rear springs

I'll let you know how it goes. I am doing this, this coming weekend.

Shackle flip with 4" lift and 56" long springs. I am told this will net me a 6" lift.

3. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

Re: 56\" rear springs

You will still need the 1" zero rates to offset the axle back 1 1/2". I did the 4" ord flip with 56" 6" skyjacker springs and used the zero rates to move the axle back and it centered in the wheel well.This is on my 90 burb.It came stock with 56" rear springs.