Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

56" rears- Reversable?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MR4WD, Jan 30, 2004.

1. MR4WD

MR4WD 1/2 ton status

56\" rears- Reversable?

I have some 4" lifted 56" rear springs, but their in storage. Before I start the lift on my blazer, I'm curious as to whether or not the spring eye bushings are the same size, so I can reverse the springs (shackle flip plus "block" welded to the axle will push the axle forward in the fender opening a few inches, while I want the wheelbase mildly longer) Also, the other question is how far out of center is the centering pin in my leafs. If it's more than 4" I'll forget about it and run them in the normal direction.

Thanks for your help,
    Chad.

2. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: 56\" rears- Reversable?

I am not exactly clear on what you are asking. It sounds as if you want to run the 56" Rear springs in the front to move the axle forward. If this is the case someone else will need to answer. If you are going to run the 56" rear spring in the rear then, it is possible to reverse it. The Center pin in the normal configuration would be 26" from front to center and 30" center to rear. If you reverse them it would then be 30" from front to center and 26" from center to rear. I was going to do this on my Blazer, but am now starting on another project. If you chose to reverse the springs and relocate the axle be aware that you may have some interference with the Gas Tank as well as the fender opening.