Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

56" spring bushing replacement (part number?)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTBLAZER89, Jun 24, 2006.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am in the process of swapping in some 56's and a echobit flip. My question is the little sleeve in the spring eyes. Do they have to be removed? Can I leave them and buy stock bushings? If I remove them what application do I buy bushings for? Last question poly or rubber?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2006
  2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

most aftermarket bushings require removing the sleeve. Factory rubber ones are prolly the only ones that don't. lol! Poly lasts longer and is stiffer... rubber ones get crusty sooner but are softer. 'sup to you which is most important...

j

3. MTBLAZER89

agg I got one of these out finally. Those sleeves are really in there. I am removing the sleeve's cause I figure I might as well go to poly while it's apart. Anybody have a part # for their 56's bushings

4. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

no part number But, I used 1 1/2 dia bushings I had laying around and they fit perfect.

5. MTBLAZER89

I tried to slide some 1.5" bushings in there, and they are wayy loose. I measure the diameter and it looks to be around 1 11/16's I am guessing maybe I have some of those "metric" 88-91 springs. I need to find these asap, and I want to make sure the part # is right cause I don't have time to return wrong orders. Blazer Fest is coming. 19 days:crazy: :wink1: