Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

56" spring question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5-newbie, Mar 4, 2005.

1. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

I have a 1/2 ton 89 suburban sitting outside my shop. If I took the rear springs out and put them under the rear of my Blazer with the 4" shackle flip will this give me any more lift? Also, will I have to relocate either the front hanger or the shackle flip?

I did search and did read some threads, but didn't really find the answer to this.
    Thanks in advance.

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

You're not going to get any more lift from the springs (assuming the Sub springs are stock).

What brand of shackle flip do you have? If ORD simply swap sides with the brackets. The ORD brackets are offset so swapping sides makes the 56" conversion a direct bolt up. :thumb:

3. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

What vehicles can you find 56" springs in? and how much articulation can you expect to gain over 52's?

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

5. gm500hprat

gm500hprat 1/2 ton status

Re 56" springs

I have 56" rear springs on my 76 gmc k10. I pulled the entire drivetrain off my buddies rolled 73 burb. Direct bolt in with no problems. Even when swapping out the 350 and the th350 for the 496 th400 all i had to do is redrill the tranni crossmember holes and have the lenghts of the driveshaft fixed.