Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

56" springs and Shackle flip location

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by juanblzer, Feb 22, 2002.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

56\" springs and Shackle flip location

Stephen,
    I just picked up a set of chevy 56" springs. I already have the shackle flip in the rear and I was wondering how far back I should move it. Can I run longer shackles with them? Do you know of anyone that makes stronger than stock rear shackles? All your help is greatly appreciated.

"chrome sucks"
    "you tried your best and failed miseralby...the lesson is never try" Homer Simpson
    "If it ain't broke, fix it until it is"

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Re: 56\" springs and Shackle flip location

Shackle angle is a pretty big subject to jump into, first thing I'd try is just turning the flip around on the frame. Personally I think it's too much shackle angle and I know it will give you stiff compression travel. After that I'd look to move the flip back to match the "stock" flipped configuration, ie., move the flip kit back about 4".

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Re: 56\" springs and Shackle flip location

If you want to try the longer shackle thing look for some "lowering" shackles...remember in the stock position a longer shackle lowers the truck.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>