Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

57" f*rd spring bushing size

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5er4Life, Feb 16, 2006.

1. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I have a set of ford springs that have been sitting around for a while, I am going to go ahead and use them so I dont have to buy some 56's. However what size bushing is the eye spring? I think it is metric so this is part of my problem. Do they have greasables available? Do I cut that inner sleeve out? What size bolt will I end up with, same as stock? I know a few peeps still have them around here and I need to know. This truck has to move, its been too long now. But I have done a hell of alot to it in the last year. Thanks guys.

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Give ORD a call they should be able to hook you up with a set of greasables. And yes you have to remove the metal sleeve if you are going to Uerathane.

Ira

3. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I did call ORD and they didnt seem to think that they have my size I need. I tried to measure the bushing size, I dont remember what I came up with but when I was talking to her she didnt seem to think that they had anything. She even asked Stephen he didnt know either. My problem is I think its metric, if someone has a part number for some poly bushings that would be great. I can make my own greaseables if need be. What if I run a rubber bushing (which I really dont want to do) does the sleeve stay in? Why do they do that with differently with poly versus rubber?

4. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

And by the way these are the 2.5" wide leafs off of a 2wd f-150 I believe '92.