Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

57" Ford Springs Compared to Stock 56, More Lift?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DougK20, Dec 12, 2004.

1. DougK20

DougK20 1/2 ton status

Currently running 4" ORD shackle flip with stock 56" springs (minus 3 leaves) and a zero-rate. After swapping in the 52's up front I need a couple more inches in the rear to level.

Will swapping in Ford 57's give me any more lift than my current 56's? I need 2-3 more inches of flexy lift. Open to suggestions. Thanks!

2. muddog

muddog 1/2 ton status

Unless they're arched more than the 56ers all they are going to do is push you shackles back. COuld take the 57's to a spring shop and have them arched. That'll bring the ends close to 56" and give you your lift

3. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I run the Echobit flip, long shackles in the back, and reversed 57's for the rear suspension... in the front I just put in my 52's w/ a zero rate and I sit almost perfect... the back may be an inch lower than the front...? I am running into clearance problems w/ the tierod / springs so I am probably going to put my zero-rate in the back, put a thin zero-rate in the front and remove the overload leaf in the 52's and then it should be level and cure the clearance issues.
    I am not sure how much arch the 56's have to them, but my 57's are pretty flat.

4. DougK20

DougK20 1/2 ton status

That's basically my question. Do stock 57's have more arch than my 56? No sense swapping if not. There is always blocks, but would rather not. Any other budget minded ideas? Thanks!

5. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Not sure if it helps out at all, but here is an OLD pic of my 57's arch. It is on a K5 w/ no top, no spare tire, no cage. The more crap I put in, the flatter the springs get!

http://coloradok5.com/photos/data/504/11462mvc-004x.jpg

Not sure how to make the picture show up here anymore...???

6. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I have used a "Lowering Shackle" from 2wd. They are usually good for 2" of lift.

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My 57's sit dead flat, top on but no back seat.

[​IMG]