Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

57" ford springs on the front.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eripley, Oct 3, 2006.

1. eripley

eripley 1/2 ton status

anyone done this? I set my truck up for 52" springs on the front by moving the front hanger. but decided not to remove the rear hanger. hence the need for 56" springs. was at the junkyard looking for 56" springs and picked up a set of what I thought was ford 56" but you guys here classify as ford 57"s I am aware the center pin is 25" and 32".
    I do want to move my axle up forward more to clear 42" tires. Is the 32" side toward the back going to be a problem?
    Brake lines and shocks are all long enough.
    I have a dana 60 with long histeer steering arms and if I put the draglink on the back hole and the tierod on the front hole I think they will clear each other.
    I did find out that the ford 57"s are weak and bend easily so I intend to leaf in a chopped down overload.

I just know there is something I am not thinking about.

Please help even if it is just a link to a thread I might have missed searching.
    Alot of threads on 57's in the back. Im running 63's in the back and love it.

so thanks in advance!

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

3. eripley

eripley 1/2 ton status

actually that helps alot!

Thanks. I thought I was going into uncharted territory in the pursuit of the ultimate flex :)

I am still 100% sure there will be some wrench thrown into my plans. something I didnt anticipate....

Hopefully 46" of brakeline and 15" travel shocks will be enough!

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

do you have any pics of your rig thus far? how much lift are you running? im planning to swap in 52s or 56s up front eventually as well.

5. eripley

eripley 1/2 ton status

I'll get some pictures up eventually. I ran into some issues with 57's and dana 60 hydroassist with histeer. But im resolving them slowly.

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I have some new Skyjacker 6" rear Ford springs that would work for what you want to do. Depends on how much lift you want to run also.

7. eripley

eripley 1/2 ton status

no thanks im sticking with the flexy stock ones.