Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

57" sony hdtv widescreen

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SHAWNSTER, Jul 6, 2004.

1. SHAWNSTER

SHAWNSTER 1/2 ton status

57\" sony hdtv widescreen

not car related but thought i would share-on sunday me and my wife bought the above mentioned big screen-they delivered it and set it up, before i got home-well my wife dont know much about it so-i get there and the picture sucks so bad-there is major distortion and shadows big time-
    so now they have to come back and fiddle with it-supposedly something is out of alingment and if they cant fix- replacemnt is a must-sorry for the long post but oh well-$2k tv and [darn] should work /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Re: 57\" sony hdtv widescreen

I t happens more than we think . I sell appliance parts to a TV and appliance store , and he has lots of those sitting in his shop , all waiting on various things to show up . Most of them just got shaken up during shipping and its cosmetic , some lost a board or something like that internally shorted/failed. Yours sounds easy , but I'm no expert /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

The lenses prob are out of alignment. In the manual it says how to to auto align the lenses. I had to do this to mine... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Great TV, but I hope you didn't buy the extended warranty /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

They are a big joke, I have a Samsung 47" Widescreen HDTV, and within 4 months of watching TV with the bars on the side as opposed to the image being stretched, I received burn in on my tv, now everything in widescreen has bars going down both sides, looks like crap. Of course when I called to have it warrantied, "The warranty only covers black outs or loss of sound". Needless to say I was and still am pissed about the subject. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. SHAWNSTER

SHAWNSTER 1/2 ton status

update-i got a piece of chit-they came-they saw, and now the sound (internal speakers are not working) they says they will just give me another, but they can't deliver it till next tuesday-oh and the picture on it still sucks even after its been tuned /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

last year i bought a 55 inch Mitsubishi HD wide screen and was dissapointed when I got it home. They never look as good at home as they do at the shop. I played with it and played with it and finally got it to a tolerable level on our crappy backwoods cable feed. Now on my progressive scan DVD player the picture ROCKS!! but who wants to watch DVD's all day.

Anyway (sorry for the rant) I hope they get you fixed up, it sucks spending a butt load of money and not being happy with the end product.

7. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I'll be watching this post closely... As I just bought this same tv last night. I sure hope you problems are a fluke. I'll let you now how mine is when it gets here. They where out of them so they made me a deal to buy the one that is in transit. We'll see.

8. SHAWNSTER

SHAWNSTER 1/2 ton status

do not buy one-i had them come pick up the new pos and credit my card back-the picture still sucks and now it is being told to me that basically there is nothing you can do except get hdtv rcvr -but then there are only so many channels and then you have to watch regular satelite and then the pic is back to crap-so i would not recommend a big tv that is hdtv-and they say that they do not sale anymore regular big screens-sorry for the long post /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

sounds like your problem is the quality of the input signal, not of the TV. IMO, you should have kept the TV and returned whatever crappy device was sending it low-res junk. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif HDTV is a bajillion times better looking than standard TVs... if the picture looks bad, its because the signal really is THAT BAD. It may look better on a traditional TV, but thats only because said TV is so low res and blurry that the crap in the picture can't even be seen.

j

10. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Great TV, but I hope you didn't buy the extended warranty /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

They are a big joke, I have a Samsung 47" Widescreen HDTV, and within 4 months of watching TV with the bars on the side as opposed to the image being stretched, I received burn in on my tv, now everything in widescreen has bars going down both sides, looks like crap. Of course when I called to have it warrantied, "The warranty only covers black outs or loss of sound". Needless to say I was and still am pissed about the subject. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I just bought the 65" Mits HDTV Diamond series last week and that sucker rocks. Crystal CLEAR and the warranty covers eeeeeevvvveeeerrrry thing for 5 years.