Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.0 in a k5?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Jul 11, 2005.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

was it one of the members who did a 6.0 swap into a k5 or was that in a magazine i read? also has anyone consitered the 6.0 or the 8.1?

balzer

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I read it in a magazine. I can't recall anyone here doing that swap.

3. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Yeah it was in Petersons four wheel and offroad. I think it was David Kennedys truck, not posotive though?? They did a good job though explaining the swap and all that was involved. They also put a Magnoson(sp?) supercharger on it! I think the guys at ORD rebuilt the engine for him after he burnt it down from the SC running it too lean, maybe they would tell you more about it if you posted this in ORD's forum.

4. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It was Dave Blazer that he put the 6.0 in. I never rode in it but it seemed like it had nice power. He rolled into the ORD shop with a bad supercharged 6.0 and left with a regular 6.0 that was rebuilt as good as we could in the two days that we had to get parts and rebuild it.

I think the motor mounts are farther forward on the 6.0 than the 350/454. If I remember they had to fab a crossmemeber/motor mounts but that was about the extent of the massive fab work.