Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.2 4 SALE from a 1986 3/4 ton Burb

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by doctor4x4, Sep 19, 2002.

1. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

Thought i should post this here as it will probably help the most nu of fellow deisels
    looks good but wont turn over i think 1 or more of the glow plugs heated up and melted then fell into the chamber as the guy had a bypass glow plug switch hooked up and probably forgot 2 turn it off i was told it ran good then 1 morning went 2 go start and it would not turn over
    any interest ??? it is complete- complete im gonna pull it and run a 454 how does 250.00 sound or i will part it out for those who need parts so just let me know what u want and what u think is a fair price
    Thanks
    Randy

2. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

A melted glow plug won't lock up an engine. I assume you mean that the engine is stuck, and won't turn? A glow plug can cause damage, but it can't prevent an engine from turning over. It must have seized due to a lack of oil or something.

Casey

3. Hunden

Hunden Registered Member

4. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

i like the or something better :-) as i checked the oil my self looks typical dark diesel and water is not polutted either
    and i thought the glow plug could heat up and fall down into the chamber then when the piston comes up the clearence is not enogh to let it complete the rotation ??? hey any outher ides would help also
    Thanks for the tips though :-)
    R

5. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

Glow plug tips are soft enough that they won't prevent the engine from turning over. However, they do other damage by getting imbedded into the pistons, scarring up cylinder walls, trashing valves, etc.

Casey