Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.2 and manual clutch linkage?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Mr.Chevy4x4, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

What year did GM go to hydraulic clutch setup in the trucks? Does the 6.2 have the threaded boss for the Z-bar pivot ball? I am planning on putting a 6.2 with a SM465 in a '79 crew cab dually that I picked up cheap. I need a tow rig and this is the cheapest way I could come up with one.

Opinions: Will I have any problems towing the blazer with the 6.2 4-speed setup? I think the rear end in the dually has 4.56 gears.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I think hydro came in 86-87.

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I don't think you need anything on the engine, all the brakets go on the belhousing and the frame.
    As for towing, my friends both have the 6.2l NA in their crew cab 2wd trucks with 4.56 gears and they are happy with it as a tow rig for enclosed race car trailer 20'
    They both ended up switching to 3.73 for lower RPM's and now they wqant a TURBO :)

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Yup, the 465 bell has the pivot ball and the other pivot point is on the frame itself. Hydro clutch started in '85.

Rene