Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.2 build up with turbo

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by blaz_mem, Aug 2, 2005.

1. blaz_mem

blaz_mem Registered Member

Can anyone give me advice about using a turbo off of a 6.5 diesel. I am rebuilding my 6.2 and am going to turbo it but dont want to fork over the money for the banks kit. I also installed a 14 bolt with 4.10's and a 4 inch suspension and 35x16.5's.

2. snoman87

snoman87 Registered Member

Basically take the 6.5 turbo and exhaust manifold and bolt them onto your 6.2 and turn up the Injector Pump to compensate. Make sure you install EGT and Boost Guages. Depending on the block you have you my concider installing a 6.5 head gasket to lower your base compression slightly ... as you are inceasing it with the turbo.

Surf around over here http://www.thedieselpage.com There is lots of info in there forums and online documentation ... you may need to become a member to gain access to the online doc.

3. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

There is an interference issue with the 73-87 style AC housing and the 6.5 TD turbo location. Some people have modified the housing or swapped in a S-10 housing/AC evaporator. You have to fab up a oil supply and return for the turbo.

4. blaz_mem

blaz_mem Registered Member

hey thanks alot guys