Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.2 DIESEL QUESTIONS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JORGE, Feb 28, 2001.

1. JORGE

JORGE 1/2 ton status

VITORIA-GAZTEIZ(ALAVA)BASQUE COUNTRY,SPAIN
    HELLO FRIENDS,
    I,M WRITTING FROM SPAIN,I,M CONSIDERING TO BUY A 6.2 DIESEL BLAZER ,(IF I FIND ONE).BUT I HAVE SOME UNKNOW DATAS ABOUT THIS TRUCK.WHAT IS THE MAXIM R.P.M OF THE DIESEL ENGINE?AND THE TORQUE?AND IS THERE MODELS WITH 135HP AND OTHERS WITH 160 HP?
    OTHER QUESTION,HAS ALL THE 700R4 GEARBOX 4-SPEEDS,?THIS TRANNY WAS ORIGINAL FROM FACTORY IN THIS MODEL OR WAS AVAILABLE,OR A KIT?IF SOMEBODY CAN ANSWER TO ME THESE QUESTIONS,PLEASE WRITE ME AT COKE160@LATINMAIL.COM,THANKS.JORGE

2. Rockblazer

Rockblazer 1/2 ton status

Hey bud there is a new diesel post here now so that should help. There are quite a few notable individuals that have experience and knowledge of the ole oil burner, for you spark plug fans that's nick name for diesel-ha! Also a very good site is the diesel page, although they now charge for knowledge! From what I know and that ain't much all Blazers came with the 135 hp diesel the heavier 3/4 ton and 1 ton diesels came with 160hp due to gvw rating. Not sure on the rpm but it aint much Blazers never had tacs don't ask me why. I want to say around 3400 rpm-don't quote me. 700R4 was an orignial equipment electronic 4speed. Early years were said to be unreliable but by 89 they finally got it right. Any 700R4 can be rebuilt with all the updates and actually built pretty stout with bigger servos and additional friction material to tighten em up a little. Biggest enemy was constant "soft" shifting between gears and heat. Can be re- built for a measily $1200 if done right, and not to be attempted by the amatures. Good luck. Todd

"You're right... I don't understand that Jeep thing!"