Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.2 Diesel

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mike race, Apr 18, 2000.

1. mike race

mike race 1/2 ton status

If I have a 6.2 on a stand out of the truck, is there any way to pressurise the system and start motor to see if it still runs.

k5 broke but not dead

2. rich

rich 1/2 ton status

Some diesels had electric fuel pumps, and I don't see why you couldn't hook up an electric pump to supply the fuel. I have read that it only needs 2 psi of fuel pressure at cranking speed, but I don't know the psi it needs while running.

You can check out more diesel info at http://www.thedieselpage.com - there you can subscribe (for $15.95 I think) to a site with a bunch of technical diesel info. That's where I got this info.

Richard
    '76 K-5 Blazer
    '90 K-5 Blazer

3. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What kind of stand is it on ? It must be pretty sturdy to handle the torque of the engine . This engine has a pump like a gas engine , you need to prime the filters and have two batteries to turn the engine over . You'll also need 12 volts for the fuel switch . let me know if there is anything else ?