Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.2 Flywheel?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by mstockton, Apr 30, 2007.

1. mstockton

mstockton Registered Member

Hi there,

I've got a quick question hopefully someone can answer for me here.

Got a 6.2 in an 82 K5, swapping in a sm465, talked to a vender about a clutch and flywheel from LUK. Says that the C code engines flywheel's were discontinued, but they have J code for 188. I'm just wondering what the difference was, I didn't realize flywheels were different for the two models. I want to use a 12" clutch, since I've hearde the hydro bellhousings can use them, so was it clutch diameter, therefore bolt holes in the C series flywheels that were different or what? Just want to make sure the flywheel I get will bolt up to my C code cranshaft.

Thanks much,
    Martin

2. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i *think* the only difference between a c and a j was the intake...

3. chiefheaphy

chiefheaphy 1/2 ton status

I have a flywheel out of a 6.2 86k30. If there are numbers you need off it let me know where to find em. Yours 4 $50 + ship.

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

LFW201 is what I'm pretty sure you'll need. That's what I got for mine and nobody asked me if it was a C or J code so I'm almost certain there is no difference. Watch it though, my flywheel did not come with bolts, nor did my pressure plate so if you don't currently have any then you'll need to find some.

5. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

IIRC there is a difference in # of bolts but I can't say if that is engine codes, years, or what.

I'll see if I can find mine:o (parts, parts, parts everywhere!) and take down some #s and such

6. mstockton

mstockton Registered Member

I just did a search for that part number, and I think that is the one I want, it lists it as the 85-93 6.2 flywheel, which is for hydro clutch like I want, so I believe I will order this part number.