Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.2 in a 1972 Blazer?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by bbblazer78, Feb 25, 2006.

1. bbblazer78

bbblazer78 Registered Member

I have a 72 blazer....thinking about what kind of motors may fit it. What about a 6.2 diesel? Has anyone heard of someone doing it? What would be involved in doing so. Any help would be great!

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Dimensions wise it will fit.
    To make it work you need to get the crossmember from a 73 and up chevy, you can do a search on BBC in a first gen GM and you will find all the details, that would be in the 67-72 first gen forum in this website. The 6.2 in size is between the SBC and the BBC so if you can fit a BBC you can fit a 6.2.
    As for the rest you need to get a 4 core radiator to fit in there probably will have to custom make one.:eek1:

3. bbblazer78

:waytogo: Uhmmm...sounds tricky. I thought it would be cool do a 6.2 and then put a banks system on there. But...350 may stay in there a while. Thanks for the information. I am sure the west coast has many of places that could do with no sweat. Here on the East, I dont know of many places.

4. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

it would be best for you to pick up a whole donor truck. that way you have all the parts you need and you can part out the rest and maybe make a bunch of the money back that way. one thing to add - you'll need to run your brake system thru your p/s and you'd need to set up a glow plug switch inside the cab - both pretty simple issues.

i don't think there are many shops around which would do that swap. maybe, but it'd be pretty rare for someone to take a request like that to a shop. BIG $$$. If you build up to it, it shouldn't be too bad of a job for you to do. Just make sure you have all your parts and a good idea of how you're going to go about doing it.

5. bbblazer78

Thanks for the infor. Yeah it sounds like some big bucks for either case. I guess I need to focus on the bad parts now...the engine is running great right now. Just got some rust to work with. This should be interesting. lol THanks again!