Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.2 injection pump/injectors rebuild.

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by ambritmann, May 21, 2002.

1. ambritmann

ambritmann Registered Member

I am trying to find a place that will rebuild my injector pump and injectors. The rest of the engine is getting the full treatment, would be a shame to ignore these important bits !. I am told that you can have the pump altered to produce more power, is this true but does it affect the mileage. I am in North Carolina but don't mind using a repair shop anywhere if they have a good reputation, good service, good price.

2. Txstruck

Txstruck Registered Member

I know a guy here in Dallas, Texas (Seagoville) that rebuilds them, but it costs about $400. But they are very reliable, its actually a big rig shop. Let me know if you want their info.

3. Parf

Parf Registered Member

I bought a set of rebuilt injectors from D.I.S. (1-800-658-9355) in Lubbock, TX. They will send you a set of 8, and give you a few weeks to send the old ones back before they slap the core charge on your credit card. Nice folks on the phone. They have a web page too. Don't know about your pump.