Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.2 knocking (update)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DieselBurb, Mar 30, 2004.

1. DieselBurb

DieselBurb 1/2 ton status

Well since I'm too blue (get it??) to post in the diesel forum /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, I'll do it here.

I finally found what was causing the fuel knock ing the ole 6.2. I pulled the head off and the pre-combustion chamber fell out /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. It still fit good, but wasn't snug and was allowing a compression loss around it. I took out an old pre-combustion chamber from a head I had replaced last year and installed it in this head. It fits nice and tight /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I hope to get it all back together over the next few days after a long time of frustration. I was real relieved to see the mirror finish on the cylinder wall and that the piston still looked good /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif.

2. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

A mirror finish is not what you want, you want a good even crosshatch for the best oil control.

3. DieselBurb

DieselBurb 1/2 ton status

Well, what I was meaning was that it didn't have any gouges in it from any debris.