Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.2 no start

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by mike race, Nov 6, 2001.

1. mike race

mike race 1/2 ton status

I have a 83 6.2 blazer. Just swapped in a different 6.2. which is an 82. Now I can't get the glow plugs to fire. I was nosing around the GP controller and saw the #2 white wire was disconnected. The book says this is correct but when I grounded it to the intake manifold the relay kicked on and the GP worked. Anyone know why. and if this is correct. the book says it will damage the controller & glow plugs. any ideas I'm stumped

fix'n finally

2. RLBstein

RLBstein 1/2 ton status

There is one wire that isnt supposed to be connected, I believe its white. Not too sure though. I know the glow plug controller is supposed to have one open slot on the connector. (an empty hole) because they recommend putting a little silicon in there to seal out dirt and moisture. Try your connectors on your EGR and EPR valves. (the ones with the vacuum hoses coming out of them) I thought my GP relay went out AGAIN and found that one of those connectors was unplugged.
    This was found after i installed a switch to turn on my Glow plugs manually.

85 Blazer on an 82 chassis, 6.2L Diesel, ORD flip, 35's on a 4" lift.