Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.2 rebuild

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by tomseviltwin, Mar 5, 2003.

1. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

What's the general cost of a rebuilt 6.2? I've seen a blazer around here in decent shape but needs a new oil burner.

2. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

the cheapest rebuild kit i've found is 900 some odd dollars, and that doesn't include a new crank...that should give you an idea.

3. k30gambi

k30gambi 1/2 ton status

Since a 6.2 is a guaranteed crank buster, you might wanna price the kit with a new crankshaft. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

4. OAKES

OAKES Registered Member

I AM CURENTLY RUNNING A 6.2 AND I LOVE IT, OTHER THAN THE LACK OF GETTY UP AND GO, IT HAS GREAT MILAGE, I BOUGHT IT ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO AND HAVE HAD MY UPS AND DOWNS. THE BODY (WAS) IN GOOD SHAPE BUT DIDN'T SEE THE FINER SIDES TO THE UNDERSIDE AFTER FLOOR PATCHS AND MINOR BODY WORK THINGS ARE COMING TOGETHER. MY MOTOR ON THE OTHER HAND HAS BEEN A LONG VENTURE, I HAVE ALREADY REBUILT THE BOTTOM AND FRONT OF THE MOTOR. THE FUEL PUMP I GOT REBUILT AND DID WORK WITH THE VACUM SYSTEMS. I HOPE TO PUT A TURBO ON IN THE NEAR FUTURE NUT FOR NOW I NEED TO GROW TALLER. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FAIR AMOUNT OF KNOWHOW AND PRICE THINGS OUT GOOD. I AM WILLING TO HELP YOU OUT IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif GOOD LUCK IN THE TRUCK HUNTING

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Welcome to CK5...now can you please release the caps lock?/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

It hurts my eyes and it's considered 'yelling' when you type in all caps.

Rene

6. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Last I checked Northern Auto Parts had some of the cheapest rebuild kits around. Haven't used then (yet) so I can make no claims /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I've never bought a 6.2 rebuild kit from Northern Auto Parts , but I have bought several gas burner rebuild kits from them. The parts were good name brand parts and their service is top notch! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Mike

8. alec78

alec78 1/2 ton status

Here! Here! Northern Auto has answered any question I have ever asked them, and with a smile (can't even say that for the public utilities)!!! Best mail order joint I have ever delt with.

9. BigCUCV

BigCUCV Registered Member

last time when I was looking for a Rebuild Kit for the 6.2 (around 2years ago) AutoZone had the best price and the most complete Kit of all!!!! They sold a Master Kit with Crank and Sleeves for $699.-!!!!!!!!