Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.2 Striped starter bolt holes??????

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Corey 78K5, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Hey I found an awsome deal today I didn't even ask what year it was, looks to be around an 83-84 3/4 4x4 with a 6.2 and an auto and its all there in good condition.
    Here's the deal the guy know nothing about motors. So he had a guy put in a new motor (old one is in the back as a spare /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif). The guy got everything hooked up except putting on the aircleaner box and the starter. Well he went to put on the starter and striped out one of the holes and the up and died /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. So my question is can the hole be redrilled and taped for a Heli-coil?
    This truck is compleat no broken glass good interior all tires are good and all the rims and hubcaps are there. Now for the big one he said he would take $300 for it cause the county is making him get rid of like 20 cars and trucks.

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well I don't know about helicoils but I think you can have it filled and redrilled and tapped.
    You might be able to make it work with helicois too.
    I say jump on it anyway, this a nice deal.

3. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

Is the Heli-coil one of those thread inserts? And is the engine new new? Whats wrong with the old engine? And for $300 id buy it. Post this in the garage you get a lot more views.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yes a heli-coil is a tread insert. The engine that was swaped in is a re-conditioned/autoparts store engine. Not sure whats up with the old engine.

5. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

I would definitely buy it then! Does have a receipt for the engine?

6. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

gimmie gimme !!! damn i wish i could happen upon something like this .... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif