Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.2 Weight??

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by surg82k5, May 9, 2001.

1. surg82k5

surg82k5 1/2 ton status

I was just wondering if anyone had an idea about how much a 6.2L engine weighs? How much do you guys think the engine(6.2)trans(350) and the x-case(208) would all weigh together. I am thinking about keeping all together as one piece when I swap frames. How hard is it to chang a front main seal. Is it a once piece that goes to the back seal as well. What brands are best for my 6.2 as far as seals, and how much work is involved in swaping from a c code intake to a J code. Does anyone have a J code they are trying to get rid of? Thanks for the help?
    Sergio

2. Oblin Goblin

Oblin Goblin 1/2 ton status

I dont know about the transmission and transfercase but I think the 6.2 weights about as much as a big block, something like 600 - 700 lbs.

3. AgDieseler

AgDieseler Certified Scrap Producer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

GM says 655 lbs. The military is very accurate at weighing things for shipment, and their measurements were 650 lbs. I know this is a bit of a broad range, but it's the best that I can manage :)

David Oliver
    '85 'burban - 6.2L J NA
    5.5"lift, 35"BFGs
    *B&B 6.2L TD and beefed T-700 coming soon*