Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.2 Wont start???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87gmcsuburban6_2, Mar 21, 2005.

1. 87gmcsuburban6_2

87gmcsuburban6_2 Registered Member

Aug 25, 2003
    I'm a new member that needs some help please.This morning i started my 6.2 diesel suburban with no problems and ran for a minute or two them shut down
    like i turned the key off and will not start.

Any suggestions???

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Jul 24, 2003

Does it have enough fuel in the tank??--it could be a lot of different things,or a combination of more than one..if it was real cold (under 20 degrees) the fuel might have gelled up,and clogged the fuel filter--or it could be dirty and plugged..the fuel shutoff solenoid might have came unplugged,and the power wire on the injector pump might have come off or lost power--look at the big pink wire on the injector pump and make sure it is still connected,same with the green wires near it,and check with a test light with the key "on" to see if power is getting to both wires--if not you might have a blown fuse or have bad wires--

If you have power there,it could be the fuel shutoff solenoid died--but a bunch of other fuel related problems can cause the same symptoms--one is a cracked or leaky fuel line or rubber hose letting air into the fuel system,causing an air lock--it wont run on air.another possibility is a plugged return line on the injector pump..you need to do some investigating!.:crazy: