Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.2 won't start

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mrivan, Jul 29, 2001.

1. mrivan

mrivan 1/2 ton status

6.2 won\'t start

A friend of mine has a 4x4 chevy with a rebuilt 6.2 diesel ,the last time he drove it it sputered spit black smoke then ran ok the rest of the way home. Now it won't start at all.He pressureized the fuel tank .(fuel to injector pump) but if I cracked the line at the injector and cranked the engine over no fuel at the injectors? any one know of any test or trick on the injector pump or is it just history .How hard are they to change and time ,I don't have a manual on the diesel ,but some experence keeping my diesel cars going....
    Thanks ..... Mrivan............

2. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Re: 6.2 won\'t start

Its possible the solenoid on the pump is stuck, I'd check that. Also, check the glow plugs with an ohm meter, the controlers and soleniods are problematic.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd