Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.2l diesel?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88-3/4t-bad boy, Aug 5, 2006.

1. 88-3/4t-bad boy

88-3/4t-bad boy 1/2 ton status

ok. so i was looking around on the internet for diesel motors to swap in my burb for better fuel economy. i found a guy who is willing to sell his 1/2 ton diesel sub for 1500. he has a full exhaust system from the headers back on it. the only problem is. the motor lost a bearing. so is it worth it? and also does the damn thing have any aftermarket support? and how much would the bearing be? because 8 mpg doe not sound to dandy for me. oh. yeah. for the people who do have a diesel. is bio diesel good for these engines? i heard that certain diesels dont take bio-diesel

2. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Dude for that money I would just go to http://www.govliquidation.com/list/c7587/lna/1.html here and buy a M1009 CUCV then you will have all that you need the fuel tank the hydra boost ect. That is on my list for next year a switch over. Heck of a lot listed as running this time around.

3. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

They even have the motors!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    GENERAL MOTORS DETROIT DIESEL DIV HEAVY DUTY DIESEL V-8, 6. 2L ENGINE AND CONTAINER.
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Auction Type: [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Internet Auction[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Open Time: [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]08/18/2006 12:00AM Eastern Time[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Close Time: [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]08/22/2006 05:00PM[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Award Time: [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]08/23/2006 12:00AM Eastern Time[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Time Left: [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]16 days 14 hours and 12 minutes[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Current Bid: [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]$0.00 [/SIZE][/FONT]
    Located in Rock Island, IL

4. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

Has anyone bid and won on these engines from Gov. liqu.? How much did they go for?

5. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

From what i know those are for hummers. i got two cucvs 6.2s for 430.

6. 88-3/4t-bad boy

cucvs?

7. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

cucvs are the chevys the gov used in the 80s till the hummers. i think they came in in 88. here is mine, just playing around in the woods. hope this helps

playing with M1009 in woods (3).JPG

8. 88-3/4t-bad boy

i just want a chevy diesel for cheap that i can get good gas mileage ( for my giant in the making) :) and so i can put that swaaaaeeet banks stinger turbo kit on it. oh and to run on bio diesel. (go willy!) this isnt going to happen for awhile since i ran out of money. but i just want to know the cost i guess. because where i live there are alot of 88-98 chevy diesels.