Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.2L fluids

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by daleearnhardt01, Apr 30, 2004.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Ok. Dumb newb question, by my new CUCV doesnt have the LO manual. (Lubrication Order) so I don't know how much and what weight/kind of fluids are needed. So any of you that have the 6.2L diesel, TH400 and NP208tcase, please post up what you find to be the best fluid for current summer weather and winter if its any different. Also what amounts you like to use, etc. etc. Thanks very much for your time.

Leach (On friends name)

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Dunno for your TH400.

Your Engine takes 7 quarts of Oil. 15w40 approved oil (High soot, such as Delvac, Rotella). I think your 208 only takes a few quarts- maybe 3-4, but your supposed to just fill it until the fill hole. Fill with your favorite ATF. (GM, same as the auto trannies). Do not use Chrysler ATF.

Your Tranny? I think if you do a full drain, including filter, hoses, and somehow get it out of the torque converter, its like 8-10 quarts. I'd allocate 10, and pour in 7, then just check the dip stick. Your favorite ATF will work. (I'd consider Synthetic if you dont change it every year). While your doing it, consider a drain plug. Just in case you get water in your tranny offroading, it makes it unmeasurably easier to be able to drain your fluids rather than the 10-15 bolts needed to get it off. Also a lot cleaner. It wont spill over.

10 bolt rears take about...2ish quarts? 14b SF rears take about 3.5 quarts.

Dont forget to grease all your joints while your down there. EVen non greasable joints can be greased, just get a injector needle.

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Check out the diesel forum... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    EVen non greasable joints can be greased, just get a injector needle.

[/ QUOTE ]

And put it where?

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

You know, in the phantom zerk...duh.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif