Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.2L radiator

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by KRUM, Aug 19, 2002.

1. KRUM

KRUM 1/2 ton status

where would you buy one and what would it cost
    thanks,
    Jerry

2. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

radiator Autozone quoted me like $350 for a new one.

3. 86DIESEL

86DIESEL Registered Member

what is wrong with your old radiator? If the tanks are still in good shape there should be no reason to have to pay for a new radiator which will be a radiator with old tanks, new or rebuilt core, new paint. I got mine fixed for less than $100 and several cores were busted. At the most you would have to pay $250 to get a shop to recore your old radiator. I couldn't force myself to pay nearly $400 for a radiator.

4. KRUM

KRUM 1/2 ton status

well first off one of my taks got a hole rubbed in it and i soldered it up and when i was putting my auxilary tranny cooler in with these little plastic lines you slide through the fins to hook it on with and after i slid them through my fins my radiator started leaking go figure
    thanks,
    Krum

5. 86DIESEL

86DIESEL Registered Member

yeah looks like you will need a "new" radiator. When i had the core from mine rebuilt it was b/c of the aux. tranny cooler too. I fixed the leaks in the radiator and installed a B&M super cooler and mounted to the metal behind the grill and ditched those stupid plastic things. I priced one from a local radiator distributor for $389 and $349 from advance auto parts.

6. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

let me check out the 1 i have if its good how does 120 .00 shipped to ur door sound with 45 day $$ back guarantee ???
    Randy