Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.2Ldiesel 1ton 2WD

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Seventy4Blazer, Sep 4, 2001.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

Apr 21, 2001
    Well, i know this is WAY off the subject, but i was reading a past post about choosing your line and what not. i am in the marine corps and get to use government trucks from time to time. i was in a one ton late model c3500 flatbed the other day. two days before they had gotten it stuck in about 3 inches of sand. Yuma has a lot of sand. i was out driving around with another guy picking up trash and putting it in the back of the bed. or on rather not. i found myself going through over 7 inches of sand with no problem. thing is not just line choice but foot controll. this truck is a dual rear weighing in at about 2 tons. i had no proble with it. felt myself sinking from time to time but mannaged through it just fine.
    once again i am just saying watch your foot on the tall pedal and check your line.
    sorry just had to vent about the stupid people out there who just floor it.
    : )

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.
  2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

May 23, 2001
    How was the power with the 6.2? I am thinking about getting a 1 ton crew cab with the 6.2?

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>