Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.5 TD, price??

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by JHG, Apr 24, 2003.

1. JHG

JHG 1/2 ton status

I did a quick search before I posted this question and did not find the info I was looking for, so I just have to ask /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have been thinking about converting from my old 350/TH350 combo to 6.5/4L60 og 4L80. Since I am in Iceland (and will have to import those things from USA) I can´t go to next junkyard and ask for prices. Perhaps you can help me. My questions are how much would those items cost?

1) 6.5 N/A
    2) 6.5 Turbo
    3) 4L60
    4) 4L80

My dream is 6.5 TD and 4L80 but I think that will be to expensive. I am not thinking about new items (will be to expensive).

Btw, my truck is an 81 Blazer K5 Silverado /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif, 38" tires (changed for 44"), 350/TH350, NP208, Dana44/12 bolt, locked front and rear, 4.88.

Thanks,

Jon H. Gudjonsson

2. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

6.5L N/A - approx. $6500cnd for reman.
    6.5LTD - approx. $7500cnd for reman.
    These prices are for complete drop-ins, the long block would be a couple thousand less. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    These prices are also probably the most you would have to spend.
    go to www.thedieselpage.com then click on the advertisers section. they have a few advertisers that sell that engine.

hope this helps /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Not sure at all about the trannys though.

3. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I just bought a complete 1993 truck for $1600. It is hit in the right front corner. It has 6.5TD/4L80E (3/4 ton 4x4) with 124K miles on it. I drove it home and from the drivers seat you can't tell its hit, runs strong and feels tight. I have seen 93-94 4x4s going for $4k-5K plus with 15-50K miles per year on them. Check ebay - it will give you a good sense of what they are worth. If I were you I would buy a complete running truck to ensure you get a usable drivetrain.

4. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

nice score /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I could sure use one of those!

5. JHG

JHG 1/2 ton status

Thank you for your answears /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif, with those prices /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif for parts I am sure you are right, it is better to buy a truck with those parts.

I know I cant get a wrecked truck with 6.5 over here, but I am sure I can find a truck with the good old 6.2 /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif. It does make more sense, though it will not be as much fun.

Jon H. Gudjonsson

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I was looking to buy a 6.5lTD a few months ago and I hit the recyclers and found prices ranging from US$3000 to $4000. Those were 95' engines with less than 40K miles on them.