Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.5L diesel with banks turbo kit

Discussion in 'Engine | Tranny | T-case' started by afroman006, Jan 24, 2006.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

This motor came in an 89 C/K series can and chassis dually. I know its not the factory motor. When I got the truck it had been hit in the back and the rear axle was Fubar'd. The motor was missing a couple of parts when I got it, so I have not heard it run. It is in excelent condition though, and I would not be suprised if it fired right up. Onto the details.

The motor itself is a NEW 6.5L from GM (according to the sticker on the valve cover) with the mechanical injection pump. I dont know the mileage, but I dont believe it is very high, as it is very clean on the outside. That is honestly all I know about it. It is missing the intake manifold, vaccum pump, alternator, and power steering pump. All holes have been covered and protected.

It has a banks turbo kit for a 6.2 on it. The kit is complete with everything except exhaust. The turbo, exhaust manifold, plenum, air filter box and intake ducting are all there. The turbo impeller has no play in it and spins very freely.

The engine is located in Kingsville, Texas but I can bring it to College Station to be picked up. Delivery to other areas in the state can be arranged for a fee. I will posts pics later when I get home. I consider this the best combination you can get, all the baller 6.5 engine parts with the 6.2 banks turbo kit.

$1200

2. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Well this is the only pic I can find.

6 003.jpg

3. mudman83

mudman83 1/2 ton status Premium Member

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

damn i want this, but im so far away!!!!

5. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

wanna ship it to 22039 :-)

6. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

:D id take it in a heart beat if i had the money!!!! ill start saving just incase you dont sell.