Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6.5L turbo and tranny

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by bad76ih, Apr 4, 2003.

1. bad76ih

bad76ih Registered Member

I have a 6.5L turbo motor and 2wd auto trans out of a 1995 3500HD. The motor was a remanufactured motor with 10k miles before timing chain broke. Injector pump, top end, and front timing chain cover are all removed, but have them. What is this thing worth?

What kind of transmission is this, (4l80E)? Previous owner told me the trans was having some shifting problems about the time the motor went out. What is this tranny worth?

Thanks for the help

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The whole thging is worth 100 bucks. I'll do you a favor and pick it up /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The trany is a 4L80E, cores run about 500-750.
    The engine? good recent rebuilt heads are about 200-300.
    The rest ( minus turbo) is worth more if you part out the individual parts or somebody might pay you 200-500. The turbo and all associated components would bring 500 or more by itself if there was a bidding frenzie on it, on ebay. Of course people can rightfully argue exceptions to these numbers all day long. They are my opinion based on my cruising ebay and classifieds and personal purchases. I do own and maintain a running 6.2NA K30 and I have three spare 6.2 engines ( and CUCVs) in varing degrees of completness. I also own a beautifully running but wrecked 93 k2500 6.5TD/4L80e which I'm swapping into a 78 suburban.