Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6"bds or 6"tuff country?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by koldsimer, Sep 11, 2005.

1. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've searched and searched and still can't make up my mind. Both are reported to be very flexy for 6" lift springs. Both have an excellent reputation, warranty and customer service. I kinda like the bling factor of the BDS springs little slider puck lookin things in between leaves. I have gotta ditch my pro-comp fronts- way too stiff and almost zero flex. Can anybody offer any advice on the difference in handling, durability, stuff/droop, springs settling over time and overall impressions? Thanks everyone!

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

well ive got 8" bds springs and they flex pretty good considering they are 8" springs. ride isnt too bad for what it is. a friend has 6" bds and it flexs real good. i really like my front springs, i get them to rub the fender with 35s (true 33.5"). however im thinking about ditching my rear 8" springs and going with 4" or 6" TC springs and shackle flip. seems like more ppl run tc than bds.ive heard nothing but good things about both. the deciding factor for me would be price...

3. redneckdude

redneckdude 1/2 ton status

i can tell u right now that my TC springs flex like crazy. 6" with a 1" zero rate and some trimming...i can STILL rub the fenders with 33s. Last trip out i was less than an inch away from maxing out my 6" lift shock.

4. koldsimer

Wow... I didn't think they would flex that much. Are your fenders cut at all? I wonder if i'll hit my 42's?

5. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

t/c's also have the little teflon pucks

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Get BDS. I have Tuff country lift springs front and rear in my truck and I have 3 bent main leaves out of 4 springs. BDS's seem to take a beating better from my experience and have a great warranty.

Harley

7. koldsimer

Thanks for the info. Anybody else had problems with the tuff country springs?

8. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

mine have been on my blazer since i bought them and the previous owner has had them on there a while

im guessing they are 10+ years old, and stillin awsome shape. they havent even sagged that much and still flex like they were stock springs. TC rocks

9. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What I would like to know is who the hell sells BDS lift kits? I have done a lot of searching on the Internet, and I cannot find anybody that sells BDS lift kits for older Chevrolets.

10. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

Burnsville offroad does but the BDS stuff wasn't cheap when I priced them out for a 4 inch for my 85 K5 www.burnsvilleoffroad.com/
    George

11. koldsimer

well guys, I went with BDS. Holy ****e these things are soft!

12. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

How expensive is not cheap? I'd like to run BDS 56's all around.

13. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

I got 6" front, 3" rear TCs. Havent used em yet though. I wanted BDS, but tracking them down was a pain. Their price non-disclosure is a hassle too. Steve at ORD hooked me up with the TCs for a great deal. I think there gonna be pretty nice. Ill report back when Im done...

14. koldsimer

I got mine locally for just under 300. Their warranty is what sold me. I like knowing that if I ever bend or break a spring it will be replaced that day with no questions asked.

15. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

That is what sold me, then I found out they ride awsome.

16. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Go BDS. Their warrnty is the best in the business. I have had mine on for over 2 years now with no problems at all. BDS springs have a reputation of holding up to a pretty good beating, they also ride and flex really well.
    -Harrison

17. koldsimer

After getting these springs, I realized that of all the cash spent on my truck, this has been the best $300 ever spent.. It really rides and flexes better than I ever thought a lift spring could. Now if I could just get my shock issues worked out....

18. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I went with a Missouri Offroad inboard shock setup. Works really well if you dont want to limit your suspension travel, but still want to run rear shocks.
    -Harrison

19. koldsimer

I was thinking about it, but i'm afraid that the MO setup will make my axlewrap even worse. How did it work for you? That seems to be the one thing that the stock shock arrangement did really well. Either way, i'm sure ANY shock setup is better than the no shock setup i'm running now.